ODNA Meeting Minutes
May 13, 2015
Officer Mussini let us know what’s been going on Old Dundalk:
- Since the removal of the benches in Veteran’s Park, there has been a huge decrease in calls for service to the area. There has also been a noticeable drop in people loitering in the Park.
- In an effort to keep this positive trend going, Office Mussini has been reaching out the American Legion and the VFW about sprucing up the moments in the park and perhaps having an event. Also, the DRC has organized a number of Saturday morning events in Veterans Park.
- Main Street Mash Up Schedule:
- Paint in the Park – Saturday, May 30th 10am to Noon
- Square Dancing – Saturday, June 6th 11am to Noon
- Kid’s Day – Saturday, June 20th 10am to Noon
- Zumba – Saturday, June 27th 10:30am to 11:30am
- Cornhole – Saturday, July 11th 10am to Noon
- There has been an increase in thefts from cars. In many instances the cars had been left unlocked. A reminder to double check that you’ve locked your car – sometime you have to push “lock” on the key fob more than once. Also, do not leave anything valuable inside your car.
- Office Mussini shared door hanger the BCPD will be distributing to homes near a recent burglary or break in. The door hanger has lots of great tips for preventing burglaries.
- In support of the Police Assistance and Relief Fund and Maryland Agricultural Resource Council, MARC is hosting the “Tractor Trot Farm Run” 5K on Sunday, June 7th. For more info: http://www.marylandagriculture.org/tractor-trot
- The Baltimore County Police Explorers Car show is Saturday, June 20th from 9am to 2pm in Essex. For more info contact Office Dan Coyne, Precinct 11.
- Officer Mussini is available by email if you have a question or concern: email@example.com
Seagram’s Update: There will be a Hearing Officer’s Hearing (HOH) on the development of the Seagram’s property some time later this year. ODNA will be submitting our comments about the development (regarding density, open space, community benefit) at the hearing. We would also like as many ODNA members as possible to attend the HOH to make the point, give weight and impress upon the Administrative Law Judge that hears the case our concerns. As soon as we have a date, we will get it out to the group.
National Night Out is Tuesday, August 4th. We talked about again hosting an event in Veteran’s Park. ODNA, along with Officer Mussini, will be reaching out the American Legion, the VFW, the DRC, and the DunLogan group about hosting a larger event in the park. Have ideas? Suggestions? Want to help? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our next meeting is July 8th at 6:30pm in Heritage Park –
It’s time to Picnic in the Park!
ODNA will provide a “main dish” (probably some subs and fried chicken) and we ask that members bring a side dish or dessert, along with a chair. If you plan on attending, please RSVP to email@example.com or Becky at 410-288-3323. Let us know how many are coming and what you are bringing.
If the weather is bad, we will meet and picnic in the community center.
Just a reminder our membership year runs from July 1st to June 30th. Don’t wait to the last minute, renew your membership now!