Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Adopt a Road Cleanup











Thanks to Andy, Claudia, George, Marianne, Glenn and Debbie for participating in our 1st Adopt-a-Road cleanup of Dundalk Avenue last Saturday!









Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Meeting Minutes - October 8th

ODNA Meeting Minutes
Saturday, October 8, 2011

With very few members in attendance, the meeting went very quickly.

1. Fall Festival on October 29th. We are still in need of volunteers to help at our craft table. Here’s the schedule:
10am to Noon: Marianne Thomas, Peggy Shaffer, Glenn Shaffer, Becky Terjung
Noon to 2pm: WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!
2pm to 3:30pm: WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!

(Becky and Glenn will be back about 3pm to clean up)
If you can help, please let me know (bterjung1@juno.com or 410-288-3323)

2. The Adopt-a-Road program kicks off this coming Saturday, October 15th at 8am. We will meet at the Dundalk McDondald’s

3. After the last meeting, we had sent a number of questions off to the county. Here are the responses:
a. How do we go about addressing the number of street lights in the neighborhood? Is that a county or BGE thing? Also, several resident's asked about tree trimming in relation to the street lights - many of the trees have grown impeding the lights. Is that a county or BGE thing? If you contact Ed Adams, Dir. of Public Works and let him know where you would like to see additional lighting, he will have someone work with you and look into the proposed locations. Mr. Adams mentioned that the County is more inclined to approve additional lighting at intersections.
· Before I meet with Ed, I need a list of addresses/locations that need more light. Please send those locations to me at bterjung1@juno.com by 10/31.
b. What's the story with street sweeping in the area? Mr. Adams asks that you send an email or letter to him with the particular streets you would like cleaned and again someone will work with you as to a date to have the sweeping. The County is happy to coordinate these projects with the community leaders and enlist their assistance in helping have the roads cleared of parked cars before the best results.
c. Several residents have asked why their alleys where never re-done (I think the alley project was about 8 - 10 years ago). The alleys in question are Leeway to Midship, Midship to Flagship and Flagship to Township (the alleys not done make an "H" shape). Again, I checked with Mr. Adams, and he said the alleys that were not paved, did not have alley petitions.
d. There is definite interest in setting up a meeting with Ed Adams to discuss our options regarding Liberty Parkway. Is this something you can facilitate or should I contact Ed. Mr. Adams said to contact him and he will arrange a meeting. Just mention that you have communicated with me.
e. Rats. Heard alot about rats and even got a phone call last night about them. I thought I had read that the county was going to re-run the rat eradication program it did last fall. What's the news? Mr. Van dommelin, Director of Code Enforcement will contact you tomorrow morning with an update.
· I have not yet heard from Mr. Van Dommelin. I will try to get an answer from him before our next meeting.

4. TREES! If anyone would like a tree for their yard, please contact leah at the DRC (leah@dundalkusa.org).

5. Newsletter: I’m looking for a volunteer to put together our fall newsletter. Interested? Contact me at bterjung1@juno.com

6. Elections and the Bylaws: Glenn Shafer proposed that we amend our bylaws to include term limits for the executive officers. Most of the executive counsel has been serving for almost four years now and we agree that it is time for new leadership. Glenn and I will prepare the proposed change to the bylaws for presentation and approval at our next meeting.
Elections are coming in May! Now is the time to get involved and to have your voice heard. Think about stepping up and taking a position on the Executive Board. Have a question about a position? Just ask!

Our next meeting is Wednesday, November 9th at 7pm in the Dundalk Community Center!