Old Dundalk Neighborhood Association
Membership/Social Committee Meeting
Sunday, August 17, 2008
The Membership/Social Committee met at Katie Huebschman’s home, 1 Playfield St. at 1:00pm. Those attending the meeting were: Marianne Thomas, President of ODNA; Rita Evans, Chair: Membership/Social Committee; Jane Duffy, Committee Member; and Katie Huebschman, Secretary of ODNA.
1. Mission Statement: The following was developed as the mission statement for the committee: The membership/social committee will promote neighborliness and address the needs of the Old Dundalk Neighborhood Association .
2. Katie Huebschman will get pricing for ODNA t-shirts from two local merchants. The committee decided to keep the logo design of the Heritage Park gazebo.
3. DRC Fall Festival: ODNA will have a table at the DRC’s October 18th Fall Festival. The table will:
a. Provide voter registration
b. Recruit new members; new members will be eligible to win a chrysanthemum.
c. Provide doggie snacks (there will be a doggie parade and costume contest)
d. Coloring activity for children (and adults who act like children). The coloring activity may be just the ODNA Logo (gazebo), like our t-shirt logo
4. Staffing of Fall Festival Table: If you are interested in volunteering to staff the table at the fall festival for an hour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be two volunteers at the table at all times. We are not sure of the times of the festival, but will find out, and accommodate your schedules.
5. Children Give-a-Ways: Rita Evans will provide a cost estimate for glow sticks/necklaces to be given out at the Fall Festival.
6. Welcome Wagon: Marianne Thomas will begin to establish a Welcome Package/Basket for new owners and renters. The Welcome Wagon package/basket would include (we hope)
a. Coupons/gift cards from local grocery stores (Mars, Box and Save, etc)
b. Coupon/gift card from Rite Aid
c. Local church flyers
d. Coupon/gift cards from Village Coffee House
e. ODNA Membership information
f. Other goodies
7. Katie will contact the real estate agents whom are members to ask to inform us when a property is settled so that we may welcome our new community members. Jane Duffy said she would be the contact for the information and would deliver the package/basket.
8. Dundalk National Historic District: Rita Evans will be promoting the Dundalk National Historic District Home Plates at the September 27th General Membership Meeting. Jane Duffy will contact the Eastern Baltimore County Chamber of Commerce for information and inquire if we can receive a discount if we have a significant number of people whom would like to purchase a home plate. Currently these plates sell for $130.00.
9. Game Nights: A thought for the future – the committee could organize game nights, have an organized way to check in on elderly neighbors, etc.
10. Christmas Party: If you have an idea for a Christmas celebration for ODNA members, please email your ideas to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The committee also discussed a home/yard decorating neighborly challenge (not contest).
11. The Annual Meeting is scheduled for Saturday, June 13th, 2009. The Committee is looking for a membership/social committee member to spearhead this effort. We discussed having a picnic/cookout in Heritage Park. If you have ideas or would welcome the spearheading challenge, please contact either Rita or Katie.
12. Membership Drive: This needs to be discussed in the future.
13. If you were unable to attend today’s meeting, but have ideas, concerns, or would like to assist or spearhead some of the committee efforts, please contact Rita or Katie. Katie apologizes for not giving more adequate notice for the committee meeting.
There being no further business, Rita adjourned the meeting at 2:09 pm.