Monday, March 31, 2008

Minutes from March 24, 2008 Executive Board Meeting

March 24, 2008
Executive Committee

The Executive Committee Meeting convened at 6:38 p.m. at the home of the Vice President,
Glenn Shaffer, 76 Shipway, Dundalk, MD 21222, with the following Officers present:
Marianne Thomas President
Glenn Shaffer Vice President
Katie Huebschman Secretary
Deborah Martin Treasurer
Karin Frye Historian
Additionally, the following members of the Membership/Social Committee were present:
Rita Evans
Jane Duffy
Sabrina Strohmier

1. Marianne Thomas asked the attendees to introduce themselves and noted that these initial meetings of the newly formed association may extend beyond an hour.
2. Picture of Officers: Marianne Thomas has written a commentary for the photograph of the officers of ODNA. Karin Frye will submit the photograph and commentary to The Dundalk Eagle for publication. Karen Frye suggested that the general meeting date information (April 12th, 10:00am at the Masonic Hall) accompany the photograph. The meeting date will also be posted in the Community Notebook section of the Eagle wit h a brief description of the boundaries of the organization.
3. Website: Karin Frye is developing a website for the organization and has paid the $10.00 fee. The website address is Karin will post meeting minutes and meeting dates on the website. Marianne Thomas thanked Karin for her promptness.
4. Heritage Fair: Marianne Thomas has spoken with Joe Falbo, one of the primary organizers for the Heritage Fair. ODNA will have a booth at the three day event. The booth will be provided (the old Dundalk Renaissance Corporation booth) and will be free of charge. There will be a discussion in the future of what materials we will have at the fair.
5. First General Membership Meeting: ODNA will have a Genral Membership meeting at the Masonic Hall on the corner of Trading Place and Shipway from 10:00am to 11:30am on Saturday, April 12th. A notice will be in the Community Notebook section of The Dundalk Eagle and a flyer will be posted at the Village Coffee House, Dundalk Renaissance Corporation, Rite Aid, and The Dundalk Historical Society. Jane Duffy and Katie Huebschman will work on signage for the meeting. Signage will be placed in front of the Masonice Hall. Rita Evans will be developing the flyer announcing the meeting.
6. Katie Huebschman read the minutes from the previous meeting, March 10th. Katie will email those minutes to the Executive Committee.
7. Katie Huebschman presented the bylaw modifications from the March 1st Meeting. Jane Duffy inquired about adding Dunglow Road and Dunleer Road to the footprint of the neighborhood association. Katie Huebschman believes that that area is covered in the DunLogan Community Association, but will contact Carl Persiani, President to get verification. Additionally, Rita Evans would like to have Dundalk High School in the footprint.
8. Katie Huebschman presented the process for becoming incorporated and tax exempt. Katie will file the Articles of Incorporation and obtain a Federal Employment Identification Number.
9. Standing Committees of the Board: It was decided to eliminate the Auditing Committee from the Standing Committees and add a Legislative Committee.
10. Clean and Green Committee Update: At the April 12th Meeting, Glenn Shaffer and the committee will present the committee’s findings from their numerous foot tours of the neighborhood association area.
11. Legislative Committee: Sabrina Strohmier brought two letters from area elected officials who have responded to Steve Strohmier and Jordan Hadfield’s announcement of the neighborhood association. Karin Frye said she will try to scan the letters and post the on the website.
12. Membership/Social Committee: There was discussion that the membership dues should be $10.00 for an individual or $100.00 for a lifetime member. The membership committee will inquire with the DRC how business and church memberships are handled. A discussion about what members receive for their annual dues ensued. Marianne Thomas will make a presentation at the General Meeting to inform prospective members. There was discussion about an ODNA kick-off event in June.
13. Treasurer Deborah Martin and others had a discussion about attracting members, but more importantly how to track membership and payment of membership. Database, membership cards, and a cash/check receipt were proposed. There will be more thought from the committee and Deborah about this issue. Deborah will set up the bank account as soon as the Secretary acquires the FEIN. She will inquire with other banks beside First Mariner about monthly fees, etc. At First Mariner, there would be an initial fee to set up the account and most likely a monthly fee if the account fell below a minimum balance.
14. Executive Committee Meeting: The next meeting will be on Monday, April 7th, at 6:30pm, at the home of the Historian, Karin Frye. The address is 46 Shipway. The Committee will develop the agenda for the General Membership Meeting the following Saturday.

There being no further business to come before the Executive Committee, the President declared the adjourned at 8:30pm.

Respectfully Submitted,

Katie Huebschman

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Minutes from March 10, 2008 Executive Board Meeting

Executive Committee
March 10, 2008

The Executive Committee Meeting convened at 6:30 p.m. at the home of the Secretary,
Kathleen Huebschman, 1 Playfield Street, Baltimore, MD 21222, with the following Officers present:
Marianne Brown President
Glenn Shaffer Vice President
Deborah Martin Treasurer
Karin Frye Historian
Vernon Huebschman for Secretary, Kathleen Huebschman

1. Discussion of ODNA Incorporation and related administrative issues.
a. Paperwork and timeline. The Secretary will investigate the application process.
b. Costs of foundation, i.e. applications
c. Bank account – Debbie Martin has researched the requirements for creation of a bank account. It will be established as soon as we have a tax ID number and emailed minutes with list of board members. President and vice president have provided treasurer a copy of their driver’s license and social security numbers. Checks will have ODNA inscription only. No address.
d. Application for non-profit status requires formation of a corporation (tax ID number),
can be concurrent with corporation efforts.
e. P.O. Box is also waiting on incorporation.
2. Discussion of general meetings vs. executive board meetings.
a. If both are open to the public what is the difference? Only ExComm Members
can vote at ExComm Meetings.
b. Location of Notices: The Eagle newspaper, Dundalk Renaissance Office window,
out side the Holiday Foods on the bulletin post.
c. The next executive board meeting will be Monday, April 7 at 6:30 pm. at
Glen’s home, 76 Shipway. An agenda for the April 12 meeting will be created.
People who have previously expressed an interest in committees will be contacted.
d. The next general meeting will be Saturday April 12 at 10:00 am. Place to be
determined by Marianne Brown and Jordan Hatfield. General meetings the time
and place will be posted in the Dundalk Eagle and open to all community residents.
i. Voting will be restricted to dues paying members.
ii. Reports to be received from:
1. Executive Committee
2. Public safety Committee
3. Clean and green Committee
4. Auditing Committee
5. Heritage fair Committee
6. Membership Committee
7. Bylaws Committee
8. Social Committee
3. Discussed the possibility of setting up a booth at the Heritage Fair and other social
events to solicit membership.
4. An email address has been established.
5. Public notices of meetings will be posted at the DRC, the public notice board in front
of Holiday Foods and printed in the community notebook section of the
Dundalk Eagle.( 410-288-6060). The ExComm will ask about deadlines and process
for community notebook items.
6. Karin Frye will create a budget item for creation of a website. She will also start
designing a logo.

There being no further business to come before the Executive Committee, the President
declared the meeting closed at 8:30 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Karin Frye
Secretary Pro-Tem


Thursday, March 13, 2008

Contacts for the ODNA Board

P.O. Box 4063
Dundalk, MD 21222

Marianne Thomas, President
4 Eastship
Glenn Shaffer, Vice President
Katie Huebschman, Secretary
1 Playfield St.
Debbie Martin, Treasurer
60 Shipway
Karin Frye, Historian
46 Shipway