Thursday, December 11, 2014
(see the Dundalk Eagle or Baltimore Sun for her obituary notice)
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
- Some good news! Over the last two months there have been few calls for service in our area for things like theft, burglaries, vandalism, etc.
- There has been a “group” hanging out at the Dundalk Village Center causing problems. The police have been working with Blue Ocean (the property owners), merchants and the DRC to address this problem. In addition, Blue Ocean has hired security guards.
- With the cold weather, car thefts in the area tend to rise as people begin letting their cars warm up. Don’t leave your car running to warm it up, even if it’s locked! It’s very easy for car thieves to break in, then drive off in your car.
- Lighting! Lighting! Lighting! It only costs a couple of dollars a year using a cfl light bulb to leave your porch light on all night. Criminals don’t like lighted porches or backyards. If you need a cfl bulb for your porch or back yard light, contact ODNA at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get one to you.
- We will be holding a Spring Dumpster Day in April to coordinate with Earth Week. More details to come.
- How can we better communicate and promote ODNA? How can we attract more members? Ideas included sending a mailing or just leaving flyers at each house. Breaking the neighborhood up and finding “block captains” to spread the word, recruit new members, encourage participation. Partnering with other groups in the area like the DRC, the Dun-Logan group to pool our resources.
- Other projects we’d like to tackle including getting some better lighting throughout the neighborhood, getting numbers on the back of houses.
Thursday, November 6, 2014
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Please no recyclables, yard waste, hazardous chemicals, paint, tires or electronics.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Saturday, October 25th is the Family Fall Festival. ODNA will host a craft table making paper plate Jack-o-Lanterns. This year we want to have lots of eyes and noses and mouths pre-cut for the kids. If you’d like to help cut out shapes or help on the day of the event, please let firstname.lastname@example.org know. The festival runs from 10am to 2pm in Veterans Park, plus a little time after for cleaning up.
Saturday, November 1st is our Fall Clean Up Day. We are looking into the possibility of getting a couple of dumpsters and we’d like to organize a group to clean up along Dundalk Avenue and perhaps throughout the neighborhood. This event will run from 8am to Noon. If you’d like to help with the dumpsters or along Dundalk Avenue, please let email@example.com know!
Officer Mussini was not able to attend our September meeting, but he left a report for the month of July and August with me. Over those two months, there were 467 calls for service. There was nothing unusual on this report. There were 23 calls about narcotics, 57 about suspicious subjects, and only 9 calls for burglaries. If you have any questions or concerns, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will pass them along.
ODNA is going to put together a “position paper” on the redevelopment of the Seagrams property. Among the items we are going to address are the proposed density of the development and the community benefit. Part of the project includes $100,000 for a community benefit. We talked about replanting trees in Heritage Park, a Skate Park . . . . .
What would you like to see? Send your ideas and comments to email@example.com
Amber Collins from Retrofit Baltimore was at our meeting to talk about grand funds available for home energy upgrades. Retrofit Baltimore is a non-profit organization that will conduct an energy assessment of your home for a fee ($100). After the assessment, they will provide you with a list of improvements to make your home more energy efficient. In addition, depending upon your income, you can receive a discount of 70% to 100% off the cost of improvements. Questions? Contact Amber at 410-929-6172 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Baby Boomer / Senior Expo is coming up October 22nd and 23rd. ODNA has a few complimentary tickets for October 23rd if anyone is interested. First come, First served -send an email to email@example.com. For more information about the expo, visit www.seniorexpoonline.com